Simple Vanilla cupcake recipe
My full-time job is actually being a developer for food and I know what goes into products and how manufacturers make products, box cupcake mixes can be convenient but it is definitely not the best option.
The first cake I learnt to bake was a butter cake, and this recipe is in fact my butter cake recipe. Why have I used the same recipe is because it is an easy cupcake recipe for beginners, It is moist and surely the most delicious cupcake recipe
Ingredients for cupcakes
How to bake cupcakes
How to decorate vanilla cupcakes
- Chocolate melts
How to store simple vanilla cupcakes
Buttercreams that can be used for vanilla cupcakes
Common mistakes made when making a basic vanilla cupcake recipe
Butter, Butter, Butter!!!! butter needs to be the correct softness in order to get the softest cake. I cannot emphasise this enough!!!
Most people fail to make this recipe perfect, as butter plays a huge role. The butter needs to be at room temperature. Don’t ever microwave it to soften it, as this will make the cake oily. The best is to cut the butter into small cubes and keep it at room temperature until it’s soft. But if you are in a country where it is cold and it’s winter then there is spreadable butter in supermarkets and I use that, I don’t keep it at room temperature, I use it straight from the fridge because it’s already softened.
You can also mix it in a stand mixer to get it to soften.
Can I use a cupcake recipe for a full-size cake?
What should cupcake batter look like in abasic vanilla cupcake recipe?
It should be a semi-thick batter. It should be scoopable but not too thick or runny.
How can I give flavour to my cake if I forgot to add vanilla extract
Vanilla is a key ingredient in a VANILLA CUPCAKE RECIPE. However yes sometimes, we do forget to add the key ingredient. Don’t worry I have done this mistake too. But in case you do, then add vanilla to the buttercream, this will help rectify the issue.
Step by step guide on how to make simple vanilla cupcake recipe
Simple Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
- 125 g Butter Unsalted, Room temperature
- 125 g Sugar White, caster
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 125 g All- purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 35 g Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Oil Canola, sunflower, vegetable
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners. you don't need to butter or oil the liners.
- In a Cake mixer with the pallet attachment, mix the butter until creamy, soft and fluffy ( Please refer to the notes above regarding butter as this is a crucial element in getting the perfect fluffy cupcakes)
- Once the butter is soft, add the sugar mix until creamy
- Then add the eggs, vanilla (At this point it will look like scrambled eggs, trust me it will get better after the flour is added)
- Reduce speed and add sifted flour, baking powder until mixed through(don't overbeat it)
- Finally, add milk and oil and mix for 30 seconds until mixed through
- Scoop 3/4 of mix into the cupcake liners ( Do not overfill as it will rise in the oven)
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until cooked through and a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- This recipe will make approximately 8-10 cupcakes. Cooldown and decorate with vanilla buttercream icing and enjoy